Monday, October 7, 2013

Fishing in the Dark REMIX

If you've ever heard the country song, "Fishing in the Dark"by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, you know that fishing, in the dark, is super romantic. It's full of "counting the stars" and the moon "shining through the trees", and most importantly, "fallin' in love". 

Reality check. The only people who actually believe that this can happen are boys. Big, redneck, momma-lovin boys. Because I can tell you right now, this is not how a girl would have written this song.

How would a girl have written this song? I'm glad you asked. 

See my lyrics below, play this video and sing along. If you want to get really fancy, here's a karaoke version. You're welcome.  

**************************************************

"Fishin' In The Dark"

Gettin' in the boat and I almost fell out,
I hope we'll be fine,
I really hope that leak doesn't sprout
like it did last time, 
I hope we don't si-ink...

Across the bridge I see some alligators, 
I hope they aren't hungry,
He says it will be fine they're more scared of us,
But he can outswim me,
I hope they are aslee-eep, ooooooh, ooooooh

Chorus:

You and me going fishing in the dark,
Who's idea was this the mosquitos are out,
I'm getting cold.
I haven't caught a thing and I lost my bait,
I don't want to touch the worms, that's your job babe,
I wan't to go home...

Stayin' the whole night here, sounds like a nightmare...

It's really cold now and I've got like twenty seven-bug bites,
I forgot my sweater and you're getting on my nerves
Is it time to turn around? 
How far are we.... away from the shore?

Chorus

And it DOES matter if we sit forever and the fish don't bite,
because I won't be jumping in the river because gators might...
Baby let's goooooo.....ooooooh oohhhhh

Repeat Chorus until your boyfriend/fiancé/husband takes you home.

************************************************************

You're welcome. Yes, these lyrics were completely made up by me, composed of true events. If you'd like to share or sing on the Voice, you're welcome to it, but you have to pay me royalties and make me famous as well. Do we have a deal?

Feel free to enjoy these pictures I took during our most recent fishing trip to Lake Manatee. These pictures were taken using my iPhone 4. No filter, no special lens, no editing. God sure has a talent for making these fishing trips tolerable!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment