Monday, October 7, 2013

No Cardboard Box for This Girl

We have a very big announcement to make.....

WE ARE BUYING A HOUSE! 

I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, I should say that our offer on a home was accepted this morning!

Kevin and I have been stalking, obsessing and praying over a house that we found in Myakka. It is literally in the middle of our parents' houses. We would never have to grocery shop. I'm kidding, of course.... totally kidding.

We have waited for this home to go on the market for months, and when it did, Kevin pounced like a lion on a weak and wounded gazelle! (It's true, that image is accurate.)

We are so blessed. I'm crying, alone in my office, thanking God for his favor... and Kevin's going to "call me back, because he's at McDonalds and he's in the middle of lunch". 

I see where our priorities lie.

We still have to go through closing, inspections and appraisals and all of that official mumbo-jumbo that is required, but I'm so happy that we are going through this together! God really had our backs. This home is on 5 acres, in a great location, in Myakka and we got such a great deal on it. Just when we thought it couldn't happen, it did. Color me impressed. 

Keep us in your prayers if you think about it, we need them! I'll keep you all posted, and we'll have to have you over for a barbecue or something! You bring the food! (Just kidding.)



*** Side note... I did confirm this with our realtor before posting. Kevin played an awful trick on me. When I called him to check to see if he heard anything back.... (offers were supposed to be in last night) he said we lost the house by an offer that was $1000 more than ours. I almost lost it. He then said, "Kidding, it's ours. We won." (Like it's eBay....) All jokes aside, our offer was the best! Just thought I'd put a disclaimer for anyone who actually knows Kevin.

1 comment: