Monday, April 8, 2013

The Proposal!

FINALLY! I know. You've been waiting so long to hear the story about how Kevin managed to take me off the market.... and here it is! Drum-roll, please............

Kevin & I have a very fun, sarcastic and witty relationship. It's one of my favorite things about us. When he drove to Tallahassee this weekend, I was excited to go to Springtime Tallahassee, which is like a festival downtown. Kevin, however, begged me to go to the park for the lake that my apartment sits next to. We had time, so I said sure, let's go to the lake.

If Kevin is driving down the road, and sees a body of water, he HAS to stop. Not only will he stop, but he'll ask questions. "I wonder how many fish are in there? I wonder who owns this property? I wonder if I'll get arrested if I bring the boat here?" It's something I've learned to live with. It doesn't matter how late we are going somewhere, who we are meeting, how we are dressed.... he has this lake obsession. So I figured I'd indulge, like the great girlfriend I am.

Right when we got out of the car, he grabs a box of cracker jacks and says, "I brought a snack!" Kevin is the king of picking weird food and snacks, so I'm like, "Ok, weirdo. What are you, 12?" I don't like cracker jacks, but I do like fake tattoos, so I was excited about stealing the prize. We walk down by the water and joke around, and I'm ready to leave. He says, "Can you open this?" I called him a weakling and grabbed the box to rip open the lid. Inside sat a little white box, which I assumed was filled with my stickers or fake pirate tattoo that I was yearning for. Kevin reached for the prize, and I pushed his hand away while saying, "It's mine! I found it first!" I guess if I wasn't so competitive I would have realized what was about to happen.

I opened the box and saw a ring sitting on it's side. I looked at Kevin and all I could say was, "If this is a joke I'm going to be SO MAD". He got down on one knee, and said, "It's not a joke, will you marry me?"

Time stopped for a few minutes, and I started crying like the drama queen I am. He was just sitting there, and we were both trying to remember which hand the ring is supposed to go on. (We're pretty, not smart.)

I started to call my mom, all the while continuing to think this was a joke. Why would he want to marry me? I'm all over the place, I cry too much, I'm indecisive, I can't cook, I talk about beef way too much, I don't know how to wear lipstick.... Why me?

I said YES anyways, and we hugged for like ten minutes. I spent the day alternating between talking on the phone, kissing his adorable face, crying, and laughing like an idiot. The ring is stunning, and it's so precious because he picked it out himself. He bought it on Tuesday, asked my mom and dad on Wednesday, and EVERYONE who knew kept the secret till Saturday! (If you know my family.... that's a HUGE deal.)

It was the perfect proposal, so US. I love my Kevy boo boo, (throw up if you have to, I don't care) and I can't wait to marry him! This blog will be my journal of wedding preparations, and hopefully you'll have some laughs with us! Thanks for reading, stay tuned!



2 comments:

  1. WOHOOOOOOOO ! I LOVE IT!!!! :) :) :) :) SO SWEET! Such a great memory! :) I will be following this! So keep us informed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SURE WILL! Thanks for following this! It's a great memory. I always ask people about their stories... and I want to have something to be able to look back on. What better way than a blog?? LOL! I'll also keep a journal so my future kids can read about it... because I think that's awesome. LOL!

      Delete