Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cruel and Unusual Punishment


I'm pretty sure I'm like, the best aunt ever. 


Well, I'm trying to be.


My biggest goal as an aunt is to influence that girl as much as I possibly can. I'm succeeding. 


(I just high-fived myself.)


Because of this, today I experienced something awful. 
A heart-breaking, painful experience.


I had to drop Madisyn off at her new day care.


"Can you take her? We are afraid she'll be too sad if I take her," said Mimi. "I can't do it because of my new work schedule," said her mother/my twin sister, Jessica. "We hate you and want to punish you for being amazing," they both thought in their minds behind my back.


Cowards.


I took her all right, and I got her all excited. I did her hair (duh), we practiced dancing and singing (she's like, really gifted) and introducing ourselves. (I also told her what to say when someone said they didn't want to play with her. You're welcome, Jess. I hope you're the one that gets yelled at for it! I'm half kidding.)


She was magnificent. She's brilliant. Sure, she didn't want me to leave, but thanks to a brilliant teacher, Madisyn met two new gal pals. 


What they didn't tell me is that I would be the one to cry. 
To look back. 
To keep peeking around the corner to see if she really left. 


My heart is broken. 
Thanks a lot, mom and Jessica. 
I owe you big time. 


Madisyn is so amazing and I can't wait for her to be "discovered". Need proof? 

Aunt Kell Kell & Maddie "First day of Daycare Selfie"

Getting ready to go to Daycare!


First day of school picture!

The place is called Jump, so.......

This is before we built the giant racetrack.

Her new friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment