Saturday, December 21, 2013

My fiancé is an engineer.

If you don't know me and haven't read my blog, that title probably didn't grab your attention. Why did I use that title? Hey buddy, I'll be the one asking questions here! Why are you reading my blog if you're going to be so rude? Get out, stalker!

Anyways, back to the engineer comment.

Kevin is a lot of things. Funny, cute, smart, life of the party, loud, annoying, forgetful... Wait, what was the question?

Right. Super fun. Love him. (Good save, Kelly. That was close.)

Kevin just turned 24, and his birthday happens to be 5 days before Christmas. He's always been really great about not making a big deal about that, and he would never complain about getting shafted on presents.

TOTALLY KIDDING.

Every year I feel like he's literally just finding out about how close his birthday and Christmas are. Every. Year.

"Oh Em Gee. My birthday is SO CLOSE to Christmas. What?? How is that fair??"

It's not like it's happened twenty four times or anything... Your surprise is totally justified. 

I've been trying to be really great with the presents I buy this boy, I mean, recently 24 year old man. It's my love language, I try to find the most meaningful gifts for each person. Holidays and birthdays are literally exhausting. 

As I've become older, I've started appreciating cash and gift cards like most sane people, but giving a great gift is an art.

That's why I was looking for the perfect birthday gift, and I was on a budget since I went overboard on his Christmas present which is a ... Kidding! This would be the one time Kevin actually read my blog without me holding him down and forcing him to listen while I laugh at my jokes.

We were watching Dr. Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory) and for some reason Kevin really identifies with him. I mean, they're practically the same person. (LOL. I'm seriously hysterical.)

Sheldon had a train set. Guess who decided he absolutely had to have a train set. 

Guess who found that train set?

Best. Fiancé. Ever.

I'm waiting on my Golden Globes nomination. 

Seriously, he didn't even expect it, and I found the perfect one.

Needless to say, it was like giving a hyperactive 5 year old a drum set. His parents faked their joy while glaring and making those "We are going to kill you" motions you see in old time murder shows.

Totally worth it.

That little train scooted around that track complete with remote control, batteries from two flashlights (thanks Jane!), lights, and the constant "Toot Toot! All Aboard!" from our little engineer.

Ladies and gentlemen, that's how it's done.

He's happy, I'm happy, and I'm marrying a conductor. BOOM. Jealous? Thought so. 




Happy 24th birthday, babe! Let's see about finding you a fancy engineer hat.




No comments:

Post a Comment