Monday, December 2, 2013

Casa de Strausbaugh

 I'm super excited to announce that as of 1:30pm today:
WE ARE HOMEOWNERS! 

Back on October 7th, I posted that an offer we made on a home in Myakka was accepted. (You can read that blog post, titled "No Cardboard Box for This Girl" here, in case you missed it.)

It's been a very trying process, and there were times when we both got a little discouraged. However, with the help of an awesome realtor (Shelly, you are amazing!) and some extremely patient loan officers, a fantastic home inspection guru, not to mention our wonderful families who have gone above and beyond to help us with everything, we got through all of the gross parts of home buying... and we closed today!

We knew this home was ours since we laid eyes on it. It really never stood a chance, and now we get to start the "fun" stuff! 

Kevin's already started inviting people to help us out, and it's hilarious. I say, "We will have to have you all over for a barbecue!" and then he chimes in with, "Wear your painting clothes, we'll provide the brushes!" So far, we've successfully tricked quite a few people. I guess I shouldn't have said that since half of those people read my blog... oops! :)

We can't wait to start getting the home ready for our new life together, which will officially begin in early April 2014! I'm going to con family members to take photos of us in front of our new house; holding the keys, in front of the door, etc. Really, all of the obnoxious we-just-bought-our-first-home photos that you can think of. Is there a board for that on Pinterest? There is now. Boom.

I'll post pictures of the house as soon as we take them, but here's a little teaser photo for now!!



This is Kevin before the tears, while he was signing his life away. That's not a phrase I would typically use, but since the loan officers, lenders and realtors said it, I figured it was appropriate! As you can tell, he's super excited that I was taking his picture. You'll thank me one day. 

I really want to document the house as it gets beautified (I was going to say bedazzled but I've already given Kevin a headache from my ideas...) so I'll try to post photos here and on Facebook regularly. The process, before and afters... again, I refer you to my Pinterest boards - Casa de Strausbaugh and Obnoxious New Homeowners!

We are so excited about this new adventure, please keep us in your prayers while we make our way through this major step in our lives!

**I didn't want to put our address up for the whole world to see, knowing how popular we are, I didn't want people stopping by all hours of the day! If you want to send us gifts, money, cars, furs or a tacky Christmas newsletter (just kidding, I'm sure your family's is adorable...) I will be more than happy to give you our address!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment