Monday, April 8, 2013

We Found Love at the Auction Barn

If you're like me, you LOVE a good proposal story. The funny ones, the sweet ones, the awkward ones... I absolutely LOVE stories about love. Since you're reading this, hopefully you do, too! This is the story of our relationship, and you'll need this to truly appreciate The Proposal.... coming soon. :)

Kevin and I have known each other since 5th grade. My twin sister married his best friend when we were 19, and they have my perfect niece, Madisyn. Since Kev and my brother in law are BFF's, Kevin has been around Madisyn since she was born. She loves him, which is important to me!

My meddling (but well-meaning) sister and her husband started trying to set us up a few years ago, but we were so different that I didn't think it would work out. Ever.

My dad started an auction company a two summers ago, and Kevin came to "help" on the first night we opened. We all went for barbecue after, and had an awesome time. I began to realize I wouldn't be able to shake him, even though I tried! Kidding.... kind of!

For about two weeks Kevin called, and called, and called. I wasn't sure if he was serious enough about dating me, and I didn't just want a summer fling. I ended up giving him a shot and we saw the movie Bridesmaids, and we haven't stopped laughing since!

Kevin took me to his cousin's wedding, and that's when I knew I was hooked. We had the best time, and I think that was when I started falling in love. I'd never tell him that, and don't you dare, either! I met his family, and loved them right away. I saw Kevin in his element with the people he loves the most. If that doesn't make you fall in love with someone, I don't know what will! I don't get to see my extended family a lot, so I really appreciate the bond the Strausbaughs are lucky enough to have, and I hope he does, too.

We began dating the week after the wedding, and it's been the best almost 2 years of my life! I'd been wondering when we would get engaged, and I'd even broached the topic with my mom after my friend Ashley's wedding when I caught the bouquet and he caught the garter. Little did I know, the wheels were already turning, and a plan was already in motion.....

Stay tuned for the continuation of our love story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment